The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
Caitlin DeClercq, The Wine Group and Christermon Foundation 2013 – 2016 President
Since 1988 the Christermon Foundation has awarded over five million dollars to over 2,500 California students whose parents and/or grandparents are proprietors of, or employed by an individual or corporation holding a valid California liquor license.
The licensed California Beverage Industry and the Christermon Foundation offers college scholarships in amounts from $2,500 to $5,000 to qualified graduating high school seniors, or community college transfer students who will attend an accredited four-year college or university based within the United States. Applicants must begin their college career during the Fall semester of the Foundation's scholarship application year. Additional prerequisites apply.
Scholarships are sponsored and supported by manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and customers within the California beverage alcohol community. The Christermon Foundation is proud to manage and maintain the scholarship program in its entirety for sponsoring companies.
The 2016 application is available now. Scholarships will be awarded to the children or grandchildren or legal guardians of persons who currently hold FULL TIM employment with a company with a valid California beer, liquor or wine license. This includes restaurants, hotels, retail and wholesale grocery, airlines, breweries, wineries, distributors, etc. Scholarship checks for the total award will be mailed directly to each student's college to be used toward tuition and housing expense.
Student employment with an establishment holding a California liquor license, or eligibility established through family realationship other than parent/grandparent DOES NOT QUALIFY for application to the program.
- Student establishes eligibility through parent, grandparent, or legal guardian's full-time employment as outlined above.
- Student demonstrates outstanding community service as evidenced by a student-written essay.
- Scholarship recipients will be honored at one of two gala awards ceremonies planned for Summer 2016. Attendance at the awards ceremony is
prerequisite to receiving the scholarship.
- All applicants winning scholarships will receive notification of their placement for the program by June, 2016.
- For the application to be considered, all directions on the application must be followed exactly with attention to deadlines.
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, student will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2014 term/semester and enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Students participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities, as defined on application.
- Include with your application a 8.5 x 11 typed, double spaced ESSAY (not to exceed 2 pages) to the following prompt:
"Include with your application a two page essay. Specific instructions will be given after you complete the application worksheet and click Generate my Application. You must include this 8.5 x 11 typed, doubled spaced essay that cannot exceed 2 pages. This essay will be closely evaluated for your on-topic submission, your attention to page setup and will account for 50% of the application process. It will be edited for impartiality and submitted for evaluation to a panel of twenty individuals. Essays will be critically evaluated for addressing the prompt. You will receive the prompts once you 'GENERATE THE APPLICATION'"
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR WELL-WRITTEN ESSAY, CLOSELY FOLLOWING THE REQUESTED PROMPT, WILL COUNT FOR 50% OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
- Application must be postmarked by February 1, 2016
COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Students enrolled in a 4-year college or university prior to Fall 2016 are ineligible for our scholarship.
- Student transfers to an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2016 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
- Student transfers with a 3.0 GPA.
- Include with your application a two page essay. Specific instructions will be given after you complete the application worksheet and click Generate my Application. You must include this 8.5 x 11 typed, doubled spaced essay that cannot exceed 2 pages. This essay will be closely evaluated for your on-topic submission, your attention to page setup and will account for 50% of the application process. It will be edited for impartiality and submitted for evaluation to a panel of twenty individuals. Essays will be critically evaluated for addressing the prompt. You will receive the prompts once you 'GENERATE THE APPLICATION'
- Application must be postmarked and sent to the address below by February 1, 2016
Mail completed application
postmarked on or before February 1, 2016 to address given on your generated application.
All applicants will receive a confirmation card from us indicating that your application was postmarked by of 2/1/15. The confirmation card will be sent by 3/1/15. If you do not receive a card, we DID NOT received your application. Please contact us immediately through our website, at the 'contact us' link. At that time you will be required to supply us with 'proof of mailing.' The Christermon Foundation cannot be responsible for applications lost in mail delivery.
TOP OF PAGE