2021 BEVERAGE INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED
The application period for this year has ended. The program is now closed to additional candidates.
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the California Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
Since 1988 the Foundation has awarded over 6.5 million dollars to over 3,000 California students whose parents and/or grandparents are proprietors of, or employed by an individual or corporation holding a California liquor license. The 2021 application will be available mid Fall. Beverage Industry Scholarships are sponsored and supported by manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and customers within the industry. The Foundation is proud to manage and maintain the scholarship program in its entirety for sponsoring companies. Scholarship checks for the total amount donated by corporate sponsors and the Christermon Foundation are mailed directly to student's college to be used toward tuition and housing.
The licensed California Beverage Industry offers college scholarships in amounts from $3,000 to $6,000 to qualified graduating California high school seniors and eligible California community college students who will attend an accredited four-year college or university based within the United States, beginning with the fall 2021 semester.
2021 CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES, AND CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER STUDENTS.
Undergraduate scholarships will be awarded to California based children, grandchildren or legal guardians of persons who currently hold full-time employment with, or are proprietor of, a company holding a valid California liquor, beer or wine license. This includes restaurants, hotels, retail & wholesale establishments, airlines, breweries, wineries, etc.
*Student employment, or employment by family member other than parent/grandparent does not qualify.
*Undergraduate candidates currently enrolled in a four-year college/university are ineligible to apply.
*Students planning to attend a two-year community college are ineligible to apply.
*IMPORTANT: If parent/grandparents employer considers full-time employment less than 40-hours per week, please be prepared to include a statement from said company indicating their work-week policy.
GRADUATE DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS:
The Beverage Industry is proud to announce a new scholarship level - THE GRADUATE DEGREE SCHOLARSHIP for individuals residing in California, currently employed with a company or individual holding a California wine, spirits or beer license, who will continue their career path within the California licensed beverage industry, and plan to pursue a post-graduate degree from a United States University or College.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION FOR GRADUATING CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL AND CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
- CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, candidate will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Candidate participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities, as defined within essay and detailed on the required extra-curricular worksheet.
- Essay: Include with your application a 8.5 x 11 typed, double spaced ESSAY (not to exceed 2 pages) to the prompt as defined after you complete and print the application worksheet. Essay is to be submitted on 8.5 x 11 paper, typed, doubled spaced, not to exceed 2 pages. This essay will be closely evaluated for your on-topic submission, your attention to page setup and will account for 50% of the application process. It will be edited for impartiality and submitted for evaluation to a panel of twenty individuals. Essays will be critically evaluated for addressing the prompt.
- Application must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021: applications received after 2/15 will not be considered.
- Winning students must be available to attend one of two July 2021 awards dinners: Southern California, OR Northern California.
2. CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
a. Students enrolled in a 4-year college or university PRIOR to Fall 2020 are ineligible for this scholarship.
b. Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year US college or university beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
c. Student transfers with a 3.0 GPA.
d. Essay: Specific instructions will be given after you complete the application worksheet and upload to the Scholarship Application Portal on christermon.com. Essay must be submitted on 8.5 x 11 paper, typed, doubled spaced not exceeding two separate pages. Your essay will be closely evaluated for on-topic submission, attention to page setup and will account for 50% of the application process. It will be edited for impartiality and submitted for evaluation to a panel of twenty individuals for critical evaluation for required prompt.
d. Application must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Applications received after 2/15 will not be considered.
e. Winning students MUST be available to attend one of the July, 2021 awards dinners.
3. BEVERAGE INDUSTRY POST-GRADUATE CANDIDATES:
- A new award is available to individuals residing in California and currently employed with a company or individual holding a valid California wine/spirits/beer license. Scholarships range from $3,000 to $5,000.
- Candidate plans to remain employed within the California licensed beverage industry.
- Candidate holds a Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University.
- Candidate has been accepted at a US University or College to pursue a post graduate degree beginning Fall, 2021. Candidate is enrolled in a minimum of one course per semester, and will attend traditional on-site campus classes, or on-line courses with a licensed, accredited US university or college. Step 4 on the application requests additional information.
5. Candidate submits an essay demonstrating past or current community service, along with information on how a post-graduate degree will relate to their future career path within the beverage industry. What will set YOU apart from other candidates?
6. Candidate will complete and transmit the Beverage Industry application, along with required supporting documents on or before the due date of February 15, 2021. Applications submitted after 2/15 will not be considered.
7.Additional prerequisites are detailed on the application.
8. Winning students MUST attend one of the July awards dinners scheduled in Southern California, OR Northern California.
Application and all supporting documents for this scholarship are TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.