2024 BEVERAGE INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Applications closed February 15, 2024
Application and all supporting documents for this scholarship are TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 15, 2024 TO BE CONSIDERED. Incomplete applications will be eliminated after 2/15/2024
GENERAL QUALIFICATION FOR GRADUATING CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL AND CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES
- CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
- Candidate will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States with Freshman/full-time status beginning with the Fall 2024 term/semester.
- Candidate participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities, as defined within essay and detailed on the required extra-curricular worksheet.
- Essay: STRONG COMMUNITY SERVICE IS INTREGRAL FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION TO THIS PROGRAM. Your essay to the given prompt with attention to specific instructions will be given after you generate your completed application worksheet. The essay will be edited for impartiality (removal of name, and identifying affiliation) prior to submission to a panel of twenty industry individuals who will evaluate for on-topic submission, attention to page setup, etc. The essay will account for 60% of the application process.
- Application and supporting documents must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2024. Unless we are notified via email of delay submitting specific required documents (transcript), incomplete applications will be not be considered after 2/15.
- Winning students must be available to attend one of two July 2024 awards dinners: There are NO special circumstances that apply for non-attendance.
2. CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
a. Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year US college/university beginning with Fall, 2024 term/semester, as full-time student.
b. Students enrolled in a 4-year college or university PRIOR to Fall 2024 are ineligible for this scholarship.
c. Essay: SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THEIR STRONG COMMITMENT TO COMMUNITY SERVICE. Specific instructions and prompt will be given after you generate the completed application worksheet. Your essay will be evaluated for on-topic submission, attention to page setup and will account for 60% of the application process. It will be edited for impartiality (removal of name, industry affiliation, etc.) and submitted for evaluation to a panel of twenty individuals for critical evaluation of all specific instructions.
d. Application must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2022. Applications received after 2/15, and incomplete submissions, will not be considered.
e. Winning students MUST be available to attend one of the July, 2024 awards dinners: There are no special circumstances for non-attendance.
3. General Qualifications: BEVERAGE INDUSTRY POST-GRADUATE CANDIDATES: This award is available to California individuals currently employed full time with a company or individual holding a valid California wine/spirits/beer license. Scholarships range from $3,000 to $5,000.
a. Candidate plans to remain employed within the California licensed beverage industry. If this is not your goal, please do not apply for this scholarship.
b. Candidate holds a Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University.
c. Candidate has been accepted at a US University or College to pursue a post graduate degree with classes beginning Fall, 2024. Candidate is enrolled in a minimum of one course per semester, and will attend traditional on-site campus classes, or on-line courses with a licensed, accredited US university or college. Step 4 on the application requests additional information.
d. Candidate submits an 'statement' in essay form, demonstrating past or current community service, detailing how a post-graduate degree will relate to their future career path within the beverage industry. What will set YOU apart from other candidates?
e. Candidate will complete and transmit the Beverage Industry application, along with required supporting documents on or before the due date of February 15, 2024. Incomplete submissions submitted after 2/15 will not be considered.
f. Additional prerequisites are detailed on the application.
g. Winning students MUST attend ONE of the July awards dinners. There are no special circumstances for non-attendance.
Application and all supporting documents for this scholarship are TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 15, 2024 TO BE CONSIDERED. Incomplete applications will be eliminated after 2/15/2024.