Scholarship Program: Information, Pre-requisites and Applications
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
THE 2021 BEVERAGE INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM WILL OPEN TO APPLICANTS LATE SUMMER, EARLY FALL. PLEASE CHECK BACK. Thank you.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR HIGH SCHOOL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFERS:
- Student establishes eligibility through parent, grandparent, or legal guardian's full-time employment as outlined above. See prerequisites on the application site.
- Student demonstrates outstanding community service as evidenced by a student-written essay: Prompt given on the HS/CC application.
- Scholarship recipients will be honored at one of two gala awards ceremonies planned for Summer 2021. Attendance at the awards ceremony is prerequisite to receiving the scholarship.
- All winning scholarship candidates will receive notification of their placement for the program during June, 2021.
- For your application to be considered, all directions must be followed exactly with attention to deadlines.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, student will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester with enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Students participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities and community service as defined on application.
ESSAY: YOUR WELL-WRITTEN ESSAY, closely following requested format and prompt as given will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Application packets received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
- Candidates already enrolled in a 4-year college or university prior to Fall 2021 are ineligible for our scholarship.
- Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
- Essay: Specific instructions and prompt will be given on the application worksheet. Your well-written essay will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Applications received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE 'POST GRADUATE' CANDIDATE
- The Post-Graduate SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN ADDED FOR BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEES WHO HOLD A BACHELORS DEGREE AND WISH TO PURSUE A POST GRADUATE DEGREE at a US University to further enhance their continued career with a Licensed California Beverage Company.
- SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES PLAN TO REMAIN EMPLOYED WITH A CALIFORNIA LICENSED BEVERAGE COMPANY (SPIRITS, WINE, BEER Licensee), AND FOLLOW A CAREER PATH WITHIN SAID INDUSTRY. If this is not your goal, please do not apply for this award.
Post Graduate Scholarship applications must be transmitted on or before 2/15/21 to be considered.