THE 2024 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION is NOW AVAILABLE. PROGRAM CLOSES 2/15/24.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM HISTORY:
THE 2024 PROGRAM WILL AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS FROM $3,000 TO $10,000!
Please read the following before continuing to the application sites.
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the California Licensed Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
Since 1988 the Foundation has awarded over 7.5 million dollars to California students whose parent and/or grandparents are proprietors of or employed full time by an individual or corporation holding a California liquor, spirits or beer license. Employment opportunities include restaurants, hotels, airlines, retailers, wineries, distributors, suppliers etc. etc. etc. Additional employment requirements are listed on each application.
Beverage Industry scholarships are sponsored and supported by manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and customers within the industry who provide scholarships for young people who have demonstrated their commitment to community service and doing good for others. Scholarship funding is also generated by proceeds from six annual foundation events. The foundation is proud to manager and maintain the program in its entirety.
The Christermon Foundation is named for the founder's three children: Christopher, Eric and Monique. The Steeple Logo is a rendition of the UC Berkeley Campanile. The Foundation is NOT affiliated with any religious organization.
The licensed California Beverage Industry offers scholarships in amounts from $3,000 to $10,000 to qualified High School seniors and Community College transfer students who will attend an accredited four-year college or university beginning Fall, 2024. A third program, the POST GRADUATE award applies to individuals employed within the California beverage industry and plan to continue their education while continuing employment in the California beverage industry.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR THE ABOVE AWARDS?
Please read the following Pre-Qualification requirements for each of the three application options.
APPLICATION STEPS: **THE '24 PORTAL SITE on this page WILL BE OPERATIONAL ONCE YOU COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.
1. Select and read qualifications for one of the three scholarship applications below.
2. When you meet the qualifications below, please click your application tab to transfer to the document . Once completed, click submit. You will receive notification that application was submitted and then able to fill out your portal to submit other required documents.
A. PRE-QUALIFICATIONS FOR HIGH SCHOOL CANDIDATES:
1. Your parent, grandparent, or legal guardian is employed with a California Company holding a valid California liquor/wine/beer license as detailed above. Additional prerequisites and options are detailed on the application site.
Employment by student or other than above, does not qualify.
2. You will graduate from a California High School in 2024 and attend a four-year university beginning Fall, 2024. a) Ineligible are students attending high school outside California, b) Those planning to attend a community college, and c) Students already enrolled at a four-year university. Candidates planning to first attend a community college can apply through the community college application upon transfer to a four-year school.
3. You were involved in high school extra-curricular school activities during both Junior and Senior year.
4. You are able to demonstrate outstanding community service as evidenced by your student-written essay: Essay Prompt given on the HS application.
The essay will count for 60% of the application process. Balance is based on school activities, community involvement and attention to essay formatting details.
5. Scholarship recipients will be notified early to mid May. All recipients will be honored at the July award dinner. Recipient attendance at the awards ceremony is prerequisite to receiving the scholarship, there are no special circumstances that apply. Photos from the 2023 dinner are available in the scholarship photo gallery at our webpage.
6. This is a ONE-YEAR, non-recurring scholarship.
7. You will follow important directions, details, deadlines and specific requirements as listed on the application. Student portals must contain all documents on or before February 15, 2024. Portals completed after 2/15/24 will not be considered. High School academic records can be transmitted to portals by 3/1 if necessary.
B. PRE-QUALIFICATIONS FOR COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
1. Your parent/grandparent or legal guardian is employed with a California Company holding a valid California liquor/wine/beer license as detailed above. Additional prerequisites and options are detailed on the application site.
Employment by student or other than above does not qualify.
2. Candidate will transfer from a California Community College to an accredited four-year college or university beginning with the Fall 2024 term/semester.
Ineligible are: A. Candidates transferring from a community college outside California and, B. Candidates already enrolled at a four-year university.
3. Candidate is able to demonstrate outstanding community service as evidenced by the student written essay - Essay prompt will be given on the application. Essay's count for 60% of the application process - remaining percentage apply to essay formatting following details, portal deadlines, and general requirements.
4. Candidate will follow application details with attention to specific requirements, document transmission dates, etc. Student portals must contain all documents on or before February 15, 2024. Those completed after 2/15 will not be considered.
5. Scholarship recipients will be notified early-to mid May. All recipients will be honored at the July award dinner. Recipient attendance at the award ceremony is pre-requisite to receiving the scholarship - there are no special circumstances that apply. Photos from the 2023 dinner are available in the scholarship photo gallery.
6. This is a one-year, non-recurring scholarship.
C. PRE-QUALIFICATIONS FOR 'POST GRADUATE' SCHOLARSHIP CANDIDATES:
1. The Post-Graduate is for individuals employed with a company holding a California beverage industry license. These individuals hold a bachelors degree from an accredited university and plan to pursue a post-degree to further enhance their career in the licensed California beverage industry. Successful candidates plan to remain employed in the beverage industry. If this is not your goal, please DO NOT apply for this award.
3. The Post Graduate application lists specific details to complete and transmit documents into portals on or before February 15, 2024.
4. This is a one-year, non-recurring award, and open ONLY to California residents.