Scholarship Program: Information, Pre-requisites and Applications
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
The 2021 application is now available, AND DUE 2/15/21. Applications submitted after 2/15/21 will not be considered. Scholarships will be awarded to the children or grandchildren or legal guardians of persons who currently hold FULL TIME employment with a company with a valid California beer, liquor or wine license. This includes restaurants, hotels, retail and wholesale grocery, airlines, breweries, wineries, distributors, etc. Scholarship checks for the total award will be mailed directly to each student's college to be used toward tuition and housing expense.
IMPORTANT: If your parent/grandparents employer considers full-time employment at less than forty-hours per week, candidates must include a statement from employer indicating their work-week policy.
Student employment with an establishment holding a California liquor license, or eligibility established through family relationships other than parent/grandparent DOES NOT QUALIFY for application to the program.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR HIGH SCHOOL & COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFERS:
- Student establishes eligibility through parent, grandparent, or legal guardian's full-time employment as outlined above. See prerequisites on the application site.
- Student demonstrates outstanding community service as evidenced by a student-written essay: Prompt given on the HS/CC application.
- Scholarship recipients will be honored at one of two gala awards ceremonies planned for Summer 2021. Attendance at the awards ceremony is prerequisite to receiving the scholarship.
- All winning scholarship candidates will receive notification of their placement for the program between May and June, 2021.
- For your application to be considered, all application directions must be followed exactly with attention to deadlines.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, student will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Students participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities and community service as defined on application.
ESSAY: YOUR WELL-WRITTEN ESSAY, closely following requested format and prompt as given on the application worksheet will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2020. Application packets received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
- Candidates already enrolled in a 4-year college or university prior to Fall 2021 are ineligible for our scholarship.
- Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
- Essay: Specific instructions and prompt will be given on the application worksheet. Your well-written essay will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Applications received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE 'POST GRADUATE' CANDIDATE
- A NEW SCHOLARSHIP CLASSIFICATION HAS BEEN ADDED FOR BEVERAGE INDUSTRY AFFILIATED EMPLOYEES WHO HOLD A BACHELORS DEGREE AND WISH TO PURSUE A POST GRADUATE DEGREE at a US University or College.
- Successful Candidates plan to remain employed in the California Licensed Beverage Industry.
Post Graduate Scholarship applications must be transmitted on or before 2/15/21