THE 2023 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION is. NOW AVAILABLE . .PROGRAM CLOSES 2/15/23
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the California Licensed Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
Since 1988 the Foundation has awarded over 6.7 million dollars to California students whose parent and/or grandparents are proprietors of or employed full time by an individual or corporation holding a California liquor, spirits or beer license. Beverage Industry scholarships are sponsored and supported by manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and customers within the industry. The foundation is proud to manager and maintain the program in its entirety.
The licensed California Beverage Industry offers scholarships in amounts from $3,000 to $6,000 to qualified High School senior graduates and Community College transfer students attending an accredited four-year college or university based within the United states, beginning Fall, 2023.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL & CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER STUDENTS.
- Candidate establishes eligibility through parent, grandparent, or legal guardian's full-time employment as outlined above. See additional prerequisites on the application site.
- Candidate demonstrates outstanding community service as evidenced by a student-written essay: Prompt given on the HS/CC application.
- Scholarship recipients will be honored at one of two gala awards ceremonies planned for Summer 2023. Attendance at the awards ceremony is prerequisite to receiving the scholarship.
- All winning scholarship candidates will receive notification of their placement for the program during June, 2023.
- For your application to be considered, all directions must be followed exactly with attention to details and deadlines.
- CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, candidate will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States beginning with the Fall 2023 term/semester and enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Candidate participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities and community service as defined on application.
ESSAY: YOUR WELL-WRITTEN ESSAY, closely following requested format and prompt as given will count for 50% of the application process. The balance will be based upon your school activities and extra-curricular involvement.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2022. Application packets received after 2/15/23 will not be considered.
- CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
- Candidates already enrolled and attending a 4-year college or university prior to Fall 2023 are ineligible for our scholarship.
- Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2023 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
- Essay: Specific instructions and prompt will be given on the application worksheet. Your well-written essay will count for 50% of the application process. The balanced will be based upon your extra-curricular community involvement.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2023. Applications received after 2/15/23 will not be considered.
BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE 'POST GRADUATE' CANDIDATE
- The Post-Graduate SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN ADDED FOR BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEES WHO HOLD A BACHELORS DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY AND WISH TO PURSUE A POST GRADUATE DEGREE at A US UNIVERSITY to FURTHER ENHANCE THEIR CONTINUED CAREER WITH A LICENSED CALIFORNIA BEVERAGE COMPANY.
- SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES PLAN TO REMAIN EMPLOYED WITH A CALIFORNIA LICENSED BEVERAGE COMPANY (SPIRITS, WINE, BEER LICENSEE), AND FOLLOW A CAREER PATH WITHIN SAID INDUSTRY. If this is not your goal, please DO NOT apply for this award.