Scholarship Program: Information, Pre-requisites and Applications
The Christermon Foundation is a non-profit organization of the California Licensed Beverage Alcohol Industry. It was established in 1987 to support worthy charities and develop a scholarship program. The mission of the Foundation is to demonstrate and promote a positive image for our industry within the community.
THE 2021 BEVERAGE INDUSTRY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATION. Thank you.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL & CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER STUDENTS:
- Candidate establishes eligibility through parent, grandparent, or legal guardian's full-time employment as outlined above. See additional prerequisites on the application site.
- Candidate demonstrates outstanding community service as evidenced by a student-written essay: Prompt given on the HS/CC application.
- Scholarship recipients will be honored at one of two gala awards ceremonies planned for Summer 2021. Attendance at the awards ceremony is prerequisite to receiving the scholarship.
- All winning scholarship candidates will receive notification of their placement for the program during June, 2021.
- For your application to be considered, all directions must be followed exactly with attention to details and deadlines.
- CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATING SENIORS
- Upon high school graduation, candidate will attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of freshman/full-time (12+ units).
- Candidate participates in specific extra-curricular high school activities and community service as defined on application.
ESSAY: YOUR WELL-WRITTEN ESSAY, closely following requested format and prompt as given will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Application packets received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER CANDIDATES:
- Candidates already enrolled and attending a 4-year college or university prior to Fall 2021 are ineligible for our scholarship.
- Candidate transfers to an accredited four-year college or university within the United States, beginning with the Fall 2021 term/semester and enrollment status of junior/full time (12+ units).
- Essay: Specific instructions and prompt will be given on the application worksheet. Your well-written essay will count for 50% of the application process.
- All pages of your application and supporting documentation must be transmitted on or before February 15, 2021. Applications received after 2/15/21 will not be considered.
BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEE 'POST GRADUATE' CANDIDATE
- The Post-Graduate SCHOLARSHIP HAS BEEN ADDED FOR BEVERAGE INDUSTRY EMPLOYEES WHO HOLD A BACHELORS DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY AND WISH TO PURSUE A POST GRADUATE DEGREE at A US UNIVERSITY to FURTHER ENHANCE THEIR CONTINUED CAREER WITH A LICENSED CALIFORNIA BEVERAGE COMPANY.
- SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES PLAN TO REMAIN EMPLOYED WITH A CALIFORNIA LICENSED BEVERAGE COMPANY (SPIRITS, WINE, BEER LICENSEE), AND FOLLOW A CAREER PATH WITHIN SAID INDUSTRY. If this is not your goal, please do not apply for this award.
Post Graduate Scholarship applications must be transmitted on or before 2/15/21 to be considered.